I received many comments over my Arduino Quadcopter Video on Youtube asking How to Build Arduino Flight controler For Quadcopter,So i deceided to make this Guide.If you have any questions after reading the steps you can write them in the comments section.
- Arduino UNO/Nano
- GY-521(Cheapest available)
Download and Install the Arduino IDE
Download Multiwii/Quadcopter Code
How to Use and Upload code to Arduino
- Download the zip File from the above Link.
- Extract the Zip File using winzip or any Similar Software to a New Folder.
- After Extracting it to a new Folder you will Find Two Folders named “MultiWii” and “MultiWiiconf”.Open the “MultiWii” Folder.
- Now you will Find many files in this Folder,these are all the Library and Support files for the code.Main code is in “MultiWii.ino”
- Open “Multiwii.ino” using Arduino IDE.
- Now you can see The Arduino Ide screen with many Tabs Above.Search For the “Config.h” in those tabs.
- After You open config.h ,scroll down until you see “The type of multicopter”.
- Now you need to select the type of Multicopter you want from the List.If suppose you want to select Quadcopter,Which is here written as”QUADX”,then remove the “//” before “#define QUADX”.
- You have now done with the selection of copter.Now you need to scroll down and search for “Combined IMU Boards”.Now see for the board you are going to use,as Most of you here are using Arduino UNO/Nano and a GY-521,you need to select GY-521.To select GY-521 you need to follow the same procedure,remove// before define.If you have a diffrent IMU like GY-88 or 85,similar procedure applies to them.
- Now You have done with the setup of the Quadcopter.
- Go to tools>>Board and then select the Arduino Board you have.(I selected Arduino UNO)
- Plug in your Arduino Board to Your Computer.
- Upload the Code to your Arduino By pressing the Uploading Button.(Arrow Button)
- After Uploading the code connect all Electronics to Arduino and You are ready to FLY!!
If you any Questions,Write down in the Comments Below.
Watch My Youtube video On Arduino Quadcopter